Saturday Class March 02th, 2022

  

 Hello dear students, today let's see some reductions pronounciation practice.

I know it sounds difficult, but that's the way how they use to communicate.

Are you guys ready? So get started!

  • Reductions:

1. Give + me : (gimme)

"gimme that pen" / "gimme it back"

2. Let + me : (lemme)

"lemme come with you" / "lemme tell you a joke"

Word + is:

3. What's + up: (wassup) 

"whassup with that?" 

4. What's + her: (wasser)

" wasser name again? / wasser number phone?

5. What's + his: (wassis)

"wassis name again?" / "wassis number phone?"

          Word + have

6. Could + have: (coulda)

"You coulda told me that yesterday."

7. Might + have: ( mighta)

"She mighta gone to the bank today."

8. Must + have: (musta)

"She musta taken the train."

9. Should + have: (shoulda)

"You shoulda done somethin'."

10. Would + have: (woulda)

" I woulda gone, but I was ill."

      Word + to

11. Going + to: (gonna)

"I'm gonna go to the shops, do you want anythin'?"

12. Go + to: (gotta)

"I gotta go now."

13. Have + to: (hafta)

"Oh my God, you hafta meet him."

14. Has + to: (hasta)

"She hasta believe him."

15. Ought + to: (oughta)

"You oughta call in sick."

16. Want + to: (wanna) 

"I wanna go to the cinema tonight?" / They wanna be in L.A."

17. Wants + to (wansta)

"She wansta come with us." / "She wansta eat somethin' taste."

  World + of

18. Kind + of: (kinda)

"I kinda like it." 

19. Lots + of: (lotsa)

"There are lotsa people here." 

20. Lot + of: (lotta)

"She had a lotta boyfriends"

That's all students!


Comentários